First Communion Classes and Dates 2013-2014
First Communion is a two year process, as required by the Archdiocese of Atlanta. Your child would need to have been in First Grade or Level 1 religious education classes for the 2012-2013 school year in order to meet the requirements to make their First Communion in 2014. If your child attended Religion classes at a different parish please bring a letter from that Church verifying attendance.
You will need to turn in your child’s Baptismal Certificate no later than September 8, 2013 with the First Communion Sacramental Form. If your child was baptized at St. Theresa’s you will still need to provide us with a copy of their baptismal certificate. We have a $25.00 registration fee to offset the cost of materials and retreats.
All children receiving their First Communion must attend weekly Sunday Mass.
Classes: 8:30 AM or 12:15 PM for 2nd through 6th Grade and 6:00PM for 7th through 12th Grade.
First Communion Classes 2nd Grade and Level 2
- January 25, 2014 10:00 AM (Children must be in the church no later than 9:30 am)
~ First Communion Date:
- Saturday, May 3, 2014 ~ Masses will be held at 9:00 am in English and 12:00 pm in Spanish
Mandatory First Communion Sacramental Retreat and Parent Class Dates:
- October 19, 2013 10:00 AM Parents ONLY
- January 18, 2014 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM First Communion Retreat – Parents and Children/Teens
- April 26, 2014 ~ Set 1 – 9:00AM-10:30AM; Set 2 – 11:00AM-12:30PM; Set 3 – 1:00PM-2:30PM
If your child is receiving First Communion a parent or guardian will be required to attend the Rehearsal and Parent Meeting Saturday, April 26, 2014.
For more information please contact Theresa Butorac at 770.942.9765 ext. 2